Friday, September 13, 2013

Markham Mural

I am one of twenty artist chosen my Downtown Markham to paint an 8 foot by 10 foot mural.
One of us will win a $5000 artist commission. Voting has started and goes until November 1st!


I was very fortunate to have my husband John to help me on Monday (the only day I had to complete the mural). We finished it by 6:30 PM. I wanted to celebrate the wonderful city of Markham but featuring its natural landscapes, conservation areas, rivers and lakes, and rural community (remember, farmers feed cities). The colourful streetscape is in homage to the businesses and buildings in the downtown core where people visit, eat, shop, and live. I even included a transit hub and city hall. The colourful sky made with dots represent the diversity of the population of Markham and how much multicultural events happen in the city.












http://downtownmarkham.ca/media/20130911/artists-hard-at-work-in-downtown-markham

No comments:

Post a Comment